Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tues., March 15th - "My bags are packed and ready to go, standing here..."

Max now has a passport - HOORAY! It was a rather easy trip to and from the documents building, yet still with city traffic, took about 3 hours. We got back tot he hotel and packed. It was rather sad. St. Pete is struggling with the recovery from communism, as well as having lost the status of "Capital" of Russia. They struggle for their identity, which seems to be an indication of the same issues that the people struggle with individually. There is so much work to be done here. I feel truly honored that I was able to be here for this time and I to, struggle with seeing how this all fits into the big picture. I have made some wonderful friends here! I have learned some great ideas to take back to America. And, I get to bring home a son! I am so beyond blessed! At the risk of sound ungrateful, I a really sad about leaving. This town and these people will always hold a special place in my heart! So, tomorrow I pick up Max from the orphanage and we hop a train to Moscow! Tomorrow starts a whole new life for us and a whole new chapter of our adventure. I can't wait to see my little boy - and he will be wearing blue~!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment