Friday, March 11, 2011

Thurs., March 10th - "HAVE YOU PEOPLE LOOKED OUTSIDE!"

We crossed a big hurdle today - we did laundry! I have not proven that I can procrastinate doing laundry even on the other side of the world! Annie and I had a good time and laughed as we pushed buttons and tried to figure out how to work a Russian washing machine, but in the end, nothing was ruined. And, since they don't have dryers here, we even got all of our socks back! After that, we were ready for some nourishment - Teaspoon time! We headed to the Teaspoon - our favorite restaurant! I think their stock has sky rocketed since we've been here. After a fabulous meal, we stopped by the mall. It's funny how people's attitudes have completely changed since last Friday (Russia's "Good-bye to Winter" holiday. Everybody is more energetic and talks about winter being over and how it is now being Spring. I just want to scream "HAVE YOU PEOPLE LOOKED OUTSIDE?!" lol There are still snow piles that have cars buried in them - to the point that you can't see the car. Whenever we walk anywhere, I hold Annie's hand for fear that I might lose her in a snow bank! It was around zero degrees outside, and the sun didn't shine at all. These are not the characteristics that I associate with Spring! lol Regardless, missions work continues. Lots of English lessons and practice. The two lectures are to be rescheduled, if possible. And, I get to see my boy tomorrow! HOORAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment