Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sun., March 13th - Word of the day: PULL!

Today has been an emotional day! We went to church at ICA for our last time. We worshipped with a great group of people! I so wish we had about a year here! Sofie was sick so we didn't get to see her or Marina. That was also disappointing since I've grown to really love this family! After church, Annie and I walked around that part of the city for awhile. Annie then she announced that she wanted to go to the Teaspoon. I can't say that we've experienced a variety of food this trip, but I can say that we have had great food! Annie and I had a great discussion over lunch - it completely tapped into all of her creative juices and boy was she off and running! This lifted our spirits a bit. We then went to a little boutique where nobody spoke any English. Forgetting that Russia doesn't have the fire exit laws as we have in America, I stood there pushing on the door. Figuring that we must have use the other exit, I turned to leave just as a clerk walked up and PULLED the door open. It was at that moment that I had encountered the second sign I wish I had been able to read - PULL! lol After a quick trip to the 5 for some groceries, we went back to the hotel. Once the youthgroup got back, we played a card game called spoons. It was fun - a little violent, but fun. Lots of great discussions were happening! Tomorrow I get to see my boy! Then, Annie and I are supposed to speak at the youthgroup meeting in the evening. How exciting to get to form relationships with these kids and their leaders! We are so blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment