Saturday, February 5, 2011

Thanks for helping the Stickleys to GO GREEN!

It has been my prayer from the very beginning to be able to complete this adoption debt free. That has not been able to happen, but it's not yet "complete" either. God is more interested in developing our character than giving us what we want. This whole thing has required faith and trust! What a character builder for Annie, too. When this whole thing started, she said that she felt that God wants her to raise the initial adoption costs. She has been right here very step of the way - reading blogs, reading e-mails, sending thank you notes, trips all over Maryland (and even one to Pittsburg!), etc.! I know in my head and heart that God not only will provide, but is providing along the way - but I have to admit, it has been really scary at times! Words don't seem to do justice to the way I felt yesterday when I got an e-mail telling me that there was already $221 in the Reece's Rainbow account for Max! Even now...tears! This is an overwhelming process at best. By the time I work my full-time job, manage my part-time business, do all the required adoption paperwork (including having to travel 3 hours one way 7 different times!), keep the household functioning, and make sure that I am totally there for my 11 year old - there just hasn't been time for fundraising. I was sleeping only 2-3 hours a night for a long time, but after Christmas just couldn't keep up the pace. I am so glad that the paperwork end is finished, but it sure doesn't leave much time for fundraising! It is hard to believe that in two weeks, I will be sitting in a Russian hotel getting ready for court! Again, thank you all so much for your financial support - there is no way I can do this without you!!!

3 comments:

  1. Will be praying for you! God is faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Annie,

    What a wonderful young lady you must be to be helping your mom save your new little brother, Max! I have a daughter who is almost eleven and she spent 12 weeks with me in 2009 in Eastern Europe while our family adopted two little boys through RR and guess what,one of them is named Max! I could not have made it through our adoption without her help and support and I am sure your mom feels the same way. This year my family is hoping to adopt again; this time a little girl from the same country as Max. Her name on RR is Carlene. I hope when you get Max home you and your mom can give me some words of wisdom about adopting from Max's country! I just donated $50.00 to your FSP to help you get Max home. I know it is not much but every little bit adds up! Good luck and God Bless You!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Thank you! We will give you as much advice as you need. You and your daughter can contact me if you want to. I am SO excited! I love talking about Max! Maybe your daughter can tell me what is like having a little brother with DS.

    ReplyDelete