Friday, February 25, 2011

Fri., Feb. 25 - To market to market to buy...

Today was GREAT! Got a call from my friend who said we were to be at a prayer meeting and then we could discuss the mission projects. I got to share with 13 college students what God has been doing in our lives, what Christ accomplished on the cross regarding us being adopted into the sonship, and about being doers and not just hearers of the word. We are not all called to adopt, but we are all called to care for orphans and widows. James 1:25-27 was the text I used. After that, I thought that Annie and I would be helping the cleaning crew with snow removal or some kind of physical labor, but instead I was asked to help in more academic areas. They said that I could help a couple of guys who need to work on their English, could give a lecture to the university staff regarding working with special needs, or give a lecture to the education students on working with behavior problems. Since I have so much time here, I chose all of the above. Starting Monday, I will be hosting an English only round table discussion every day at 4pm. At some point next week, I get to meet all the staff and the education students to help with child behaviors. What fun! Once we were finished with the university meetings, we went grocery shopping. We had so much fun. Annie was excited to find out that they have mashed potatoes, corn, and hot dogs here in Russia. We also bought the makings for macaroni and cheese and potato soup - along with a bunch of other staples. It was a blessing to find a grocery store that had most of the comforts that we needed. What I hadn't calculated was the fact that we had to carry the bags several blocks back to the hotel! Oh, my - my arms! By the time we got back I felt like I could have scratched my ankles without bending over! Another wonderful day today. Tomorrow will be one, too! I get to see my boy and then it's off to visit a school. Kids here go to school from age 7-17, and 6th-11th graders go half days on Saturdays. So, Annie and I will be visiting tomorrow, then to our friends' house for a meal, fellowship, and fun! We haven't seen the rest of the family so I'm really excited to see Marina and the kids!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment