Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sunday, Feb. 20th - May I Have Some Fahrvergnugen Please?

Well, we were two of four people who spent the night in the Munich airport. We window shopped, played Rummy, and laughed ourselves silly. Annie had slept a bit in Paris so, although she was tired, she was having a tough time going to sleep. You have no idea how funny the word fahrvergnugen is to a slap happy 11 year old! Add a slap happy mom to the picture and you have a whole night of laughing in an empty airport that echos! We were quite easily entertained! We then heard the wonderful words that we had been waiting for - "now boarding...". Hooray! We were off to Russia. I think we were both asleep before the flight took off and we woke up when we hit the runway in St. Petersburg. Somehow the airline misplaced the carseat. After waiting while they searched, we went to claim our other baggage, and don't you know the carseat was with the rest of our luggage. I would have thought that someone would have known that (not to mention that it made no sense because if I had Max with me I would have had to carry him - which defeats the whole purpose of having a stroller! Anyway, at least I got it back. It was so great to see Katia (our interpreter/drive/friend)! We then went to a hotel where we delivered some clothes to other friends who adopted two precious little girls. We visited for awhile and finally made our way to the Anderson Hotel. We are settled in and ready for a good night of sleep in a real bed! Tomorrow is a big day - I get to see Max, but not until after 8 medical appointments! May I have some fahrfegnugen please?!

No comments:

Post a Comment