Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thursday, October 28th - The verdict is in...

His birthday is July 1, 2008! My little firecracker!!! We got up and rushed down to breakfast, excited about getting to the baby home! Annie got her usual rice with butter (and yes, I said that right - she likes a little rice with her butter!), and I got a bowl of corn flakes. Well, here in Russia their corn flakes are puffy, unsweetened, and they use room temperature cream instead of cold milk. Annie did well with her breakfast and mine sent me running out of the pectopah (restaurant) even faster than I ran in! I think this is Russia's contribution to helping me with my weighing the suitcase trauma that I experienced before I left. Anyway, we got to the baby home where Max was a little hesitant to come to us. Within minutes he was grasping my sweater, was giggling, he wouldn't let me put him down, was giggling, was playing with Annie, oh yeah - and he was giggling. He would set up two child-sized chairs, would knock them over, and belly laugh. We did this today for a total of over two hours!!! When we left the morning visit, he grasped ahold of my sweater and cried. Even after we got him loose, he was still reaching for me - it was heartbreaking! During the visit, the social worker and the director watched us interact for awhile. The social worker called him a "kitty cat" because of the way he was crawling on me and she said "it looks like he's made his decision, too!" This is WONDERFUL!!! God is truly going before us and preparing the way! The afternoon visit went just as well and, although my little guy didn't feel well, he was just as happy as can be! Now the big decision for tomorrow...I have to officially state his new legal name! I keep teasing Annie and telling her I'm going to name him Moses Joseph and call him MoJo! lol I love the little guy too much to do that to him, but is sure is fun to tease her!!! Although, it would make singing the Name Game easy... "Moses Moses MO Boses..."

No comments:

Post a Comment