Thursday, October 21, 2010

Russia - here we come!!!

"Mom, I keep having this thought go through my head and I don't know if it's a thought that God keeps putting there or a thought that I keep putting there, but I think we should adopt a little boy." These were the words spoken by my, then 10 year old, daughter, Annie, on November 21st last year - and these words have changed the direction of our lives forever. Annie is a precious little spitfire who has overcome her share of physical challenges. She began searching the internet and screeched "Here he his! We have to adopt him...he has Down Syndrome and nobody is going to want him and you know us, we love everybody...". Annie had no idea of my childhood dream to adopt (actually, I began saying at about the age of 8 that I want to adopt one child for every child whom I give birth - I have 2 daughters), nor did she know my heart for Down Syndrome children. As we adults often do, I immediately began to argue the idea "but I'll be a single mom - oh, wait...I already am." "But I'd be a single mom of a special needs child - oh, wait...I already am." "I'm a single mom and I don't have an extra $30k lying around" to which Annie completely trumped with one quick comment - "but it's a life." Annie has also announced that she wants to raise the money for the adoption so that I can use my money to buy clothes, diapers, etc. Remember when I called her a spitfire...! So, anyway, here we are. Annie and I leave in 2 days for Russia to meet our little guy for the first time. We will both be posting on this blogspot so everyone can follow our journey. Feel free to comment, aske questions, etc - our greatest desire is for God's love to shine through our story and impact as many lives as possible.

4 comments:

  1. So glad you made it; cant wait to check in and see how it is going. Thinking of you, Tavia

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey whos it going for u......hows Max doing must be fun up their....what does Anni think about it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. How was your flight,and Max. Have you got to see him? I was helping paint pumpkins with a class today it was a mess and fun at the same time. I am glad that you made it. Hannah said hi to Anne. I hope you girls are having fun. God bless you.
    your follow laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. heyy girl!!! I hope you're having a swell time!! I miss you :P Tell you're little one(s) I said "hi!" Keep Mrs. A updated I enjoy hearing from you!! You're write about the food huh?? Well, have fun over there in Russia!!!!! (btw.... Is it chilly or cold??)
    ♥AReEtta

    ReplyDelete