Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Monday, October 24th - Fly'n the Friendly Skies...

Okay so we're in our seats on the plane leaving DC when Annie announces that she had to the bathroom. This wouldn't have been a problem except that we were in the middle of the row. I hesitantly asked the man beside me if she could get out - he politely moved. He had looked at me several times prior, but hadn't said anything. He then asked me about my sweater and it being hot in Germany (where our flight was going). I told him that I was going to St. Petersburg and that they already had snow there. His response was "you're kidding - I'm from St. Petersburg". Come to find out, he is the Head of the Department of Biblical Studies at St. Petersburg Christian University - the only Christian college there! We talked theology and of God's love for hours!!! We are supposed to get together later in the week, if possible. He and his wife and kids want to treat us to dinner and give us a tour! Many of you know that I said repeatedly that it is very important to me for God's love to show through this trip - He started revealing his answer to that prayer before we ever left the airport! The other interesting part of this is that the adoption agency was concerned that we didn't have enough time to make it to our connecting flight because Frankfurt it is HUGE airport. Well, he knew his way around the airport and we were able to just follow him. He was very helpful with our bags and gracious with his time! I believe that we will be lifelong friends! Even he said that it was a divine appointment by God, and then continued to say that he is painfully shy and never talks to anyone! He talked to me for hours about his doctoral dissertation on the early/Old Testament church that was just published and can be purchased for $167! I'm pretty sure that we were the only ones on that flight going on to Russia! God is GREAT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment