Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Saturday, October 23rd - Does anyone have a big hat a big collar and a big buckle I can borrow?!

Packing for Russia, oh my! I'm standing and looking at my wardrobe thinking "the pilgrims had the right idea - they were going to a 'new world' where they didn't know what weather to expect, yet they didn't have this problem!" Suitcaese is packed and now I have to weigh the sucker - can't be over 50lbs. Can't read the numbers on the scales while weighing just the suitcase so I'll weigh myself holding it and then weigh myself without and then do the subtraction. Good idea! I get on the scale and think okay, but then "oh crap" - the suitcase is on the other side of the kitchen! Russia here I come will be followed by Weight Watchers here I come!!! Got the suitcase, weighed it, and adjusted a few items and am on my mery way. So, here I am. Very aware that once I set foot on that plane tomorrow, my life will never be the same. The world will seem much smaller and God will be much bigger! I am absolutely excited about going to the place that when I was a child was the most feared country in the world. I am obviously excited about meeting my son! At the same time, it is my greatest heart's desire for the Russian people to see the love of God through this situation and through our lives! I know that God is going to do amazing things on this trip. Again, I'm going to meet my son, yet it feels very much like a mission trip!!! Now does anyone have a big hat, a big collar, and a big buckle I can borrow?!

2 comments:

  1. oh wow it sounds like alot of work..well hope you guys are having fun....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know packing is hard to do. What to bring? oh sound like i would have a problem packing because i would try to bring my whole wardrobe with me. God bless you

    ReplyDelete