Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sunday, October 24th - The results are in...!

Today is the big day - well, one of them (they kinda all seem like big days at this point). I've never flown out the country before so we got to the airport early - like 5 hours early! Standing at the luggage check in I began an early pleading my case that I had weighed it the night before and it was exactly 50lbs, stated that I had already taken some items out,...and then the results were in - 50.5lbs! It was half a pound over!!! The woman just looked at me and I responded with the first thing that came to my mind - overnight water retention! The woman laughed harder than I've seen anybody laugh in a long time and then allowed it to go though. She then thanked me for the entertainment! I wore all of my heavy clothing which was a wonderful idea - until the security check! I had to strip to my pants, shirt, and socks - which left about three layers in bins going through the machines. Luckily jewelry wasn't a problem! After redressing in front of an airport full of people, we headed to the shuttle. 50 million people and no seats! They had a city version of hug a tree - everyone grabbed a silver pole. This seemed harmless at the time, but then....this standing room only bus shot out of the terminal faster than any roller coaster that I'd ever been on and left me doing a very unintentional kinda pole dance that left an entire shuttle of people laughing hysterically! All I could say was "they need warning signs that read 0-60 in 3 seconds!!!" I have now unintentionally stripped and pole danced in an airport but, we made it onto the the plane. Can't wait to see what God has for us tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. wow, how did the plan ride go....well that sucks about the bag soo what did they make you do like did they make you take things out of your bags...

    ReplyDelete