Sunday, May 29, 2011

Thurs., May 26th - I'm Seeing Double!

As a school counselor, it is my responsibility to figure out who wins as valedictorian and salutatorian. Well, after much praying, panicing, trying to figure out where I went wrong - I didn't! We have two salutatiorians! Whew! And this wasn't the most stressful part of my day...I was able to miss two tornados!!! Annie wanted to come straight home after school rather than stay for athletic conditioning. I encouraged her to stay since I had a lot to do to get ready for graduation. We had nothing at the school, but everything looked terrible as we drove home. There were leaves all over the road, hail the size of baseballs, wind was whipping,... I told Annie, "it looks like a tornado went through here. Well, I was half right - TWO tornados had gone through our area. People's houses were damaged, our next door neighbor had a couple thousand dollar damage to each of their vehicles from the hail! Had we not stayed for conditioning, we would probably have been right in the middle of the danger. THANK YOU, JESUS!!! Max, in all of his childhood innocense, sang "la la la" all the way home - not a care in the world and had no idea the danger we had just missed. Annie, my little scientist, on the other hand was totally fascinated by the size of the hail and the whole tornado process. Me, well, I'm making an eye appointment - two salutatorians and two tornados, I THINK I'M SEEING DOUBLE! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment