Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sat., May 28th - La Cucaracha!

Happy Birthday to my friend, Robin!!! Other friends hosted a birthday party for her - a Mexican theme. I was excited - I can actually cook Mexican! But, then I looked in my pantry. Uh, oh. Missing many needed ingredients. I told Annie that if I couldn't find enough ingredients to throw the cassarole together, then I'd just make green beans. "But Mom, green beens aren't mexican." Before I could stop them, the words "I'll sing La Cucaracha while they cook" came out of my mouth. She laughed so hard I thought I was going to have to administer resue breathing! The neighbors were saved from the dogs barking and the shreek of my horrible voice, and I was able to throw together a dish that was sufficient at best! I have some stocking up to do in my pantry.

Anyway, the party was so much fun! I always enjoy getting together with these friends! Max was a bit fussy until he discovered that he could open and close the kitchen cabinets. Then, he was entertained for an hour! Another wonderful and blessed day! Tomorrow is going to be a great day, too. Max is getting dedicated at church! God is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment