Friday, March 4, 2011

Fri., March 4th - "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."

What a day! I woke up to an e-mail that said that I had an adoption appointment at the same time I was to be giving the lecture at the university. Since the appointment couldn't be changed, I'm having to reschedule the lecture. We headed out to go see my boy! We got there right on time, but the orphanage was different. There were decorations everywhere and people scurrying around. Come to find out, the children were putting on a program to celebrate "Women's Day" (which is a holiday coming up on Tues. - Russia's equivalent to our Mothers Day). We got to see the some of the cutest little kids dance and perform dances. I even got some on video! Then they celebrated by having a little snack and tea. Anyway, we had the best time!

We hurried back to the hotel to tell them why I missed the prayer meeting and to make sure that they got my message about the lecture. Guess what?! They had not gotten the message (yet, they were very gracious toward me), and prayer meeting had been cancelled. UGH!

At that point, it was time to go back to the hotel room to regroup. After a few minutes of resting and watching some funny videos with my little girl, we were off to tutor Anatole in English. What a great guy! God has some fantastic plans to use this man around the world! What an honor it is to know him!

After a great hour, we made a quick trip to the local grocery for batteries and chocolate! We then snuggled in for a dvd, great talk time, and Annie went off to sleep. I'm not far behind. Tomorrow is a BIG day! The adoption will be final and Max will officially have a forever name of Maxim Alexey Stickley! Ahh - that sounds so wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment